Let’s say you are taking a course in Calculus (or Differential Equations, or whatever) and you want to know if it is up to snuff. I suggest that students go to the MIT OCW (OpenCourseWare) site (http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm) and look up the same course there. You can find the course description, homework problems, old exams and a list of the skills that you should acquire from the course. Then you can compare your course with one of the best. You can see how well you are learning.
How does your course compare?
Other Recent Posts
- Colleges Resist Federal Effort to Gauge Student Outcomes – WSJ April 10, 2017
- Loans ‘Designed to Fail’ No, Simply Designed to Make Money, Not Educate April 10, 2017
- “Evidence That Robots Are Winning the Race for American Jobs” (NYT) But Here is Why, and They Shouldn’t March 29, 2017
- “Why Singapore’s kids are so good at maths” – and the US Isn’t March 24, 2017
- NYT “Years of Ethics Charges, but Star Cancer Researcher Gets a Pass”Larger Questions? You Bet! March 9, 2017
- Excellent WSJ Article on AP February 16, 2017