Let’s say you are taking a course in Calculus (or Differential Equations, or whatever) and you want to know if it is up to snuff. I suggest that students go to the MIT OCW (OpenCourseWare) site (http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm) and look up the same course there. You can find the course description, homework problems, old exams and a list of the skills that you should acquire from the course. Then you can compare your course with one of the best. You can see how well you are learning.
How does your course compare?
Other Recent Posts
- “Why Singapore’s kids are so good at maths” – and the US Isn’t March 24, 2017
- NYT “Years of Ethics Charges, but Star Cancer Researcher Gets a Pass”Larger Questions? You Bet! March 9, 2017
- Excellent WSJ Article on AP February 16, 2017
- Opened Twitter Account @markhighered February 13, 2017
- Making America Great Again Isn’t Just About Money and Power – The New York Times January 15, 2017
- Wash. Post Columnist Asks “Is a college degree the new high school diploma?” January 13, 2017